How to Make Korean Army Stew aka Budae Jjigae – Julia Jverie (featured guest: Woody)
Let me know what you guys think by leaving any comments or questions below!
And don’t forget to subscribe! ♥
let’s be friends! ☟
S O C I A L M E D I A:
∘SOUP BASE | DASHIDA STOCK
→kelp (aka dashima or kombu)
→6 cups water
→2 tablespoons water
→hot pepper paste (aka gochujang)
→hot pepper flakes (aka gochugaru)
→medium to firm tofu
→ramen instant noodles
→rice cake (aka dduk)
→small/medium shallow pot
→portable gas burner (or you can use your stove)
→small bowl for mixing spicy sauce
∘HOW TO MAKE SOUP BASE | DASHIDA STOCK
1. Pour 6 cups of water into pot.
2. Add anchovies and kelp to water.
3. Make sure to soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes of cold soaking, turn on Medium to High flame and boil for 10 minutes.
∘HOW TO MAKE SPICY SAUCE
1. Add all ingredients (soy sauce, sugar, water, hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, minced garlic) in a small bowl and mix throughly.
∘MAKING KOREAN ARMY STEW
1. Add all ingredients one by one into your pot that is filled with dashida stock, and arrange nicely to your liking. (tofu, green onions, spam, sausages, enoki mushrooms, ramen instant noodles, rice cake, kimchi)
2. Set fire on medium to high and boil for 10 minutes!
3. Once it starts to boil, add american cheese on top to melt (and ground pepper if you would like)
4. BON APPETIT!
››M U S I C
“Carefree” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b…
Free Vectors from: Vecteezy.com!
Vector Designed by Freepik
This post was not sponsored.
For more information or requests please contact